[digiKam-users] Duplicates filenames

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Tue Apr 23 17:50:07 BST 2019

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 10:16:55 -0500 (CDT)
woenx <marcpalaus at hotmail.com> wrote:

> In that case, I think it would be easier to write a script that
> compares all the filenames and checks for coincidences, moving
> these to another dir. You could even compare checksums if you think
> the filename might have changed.

No problem with that. I use rdfind. But that doesn't solve the
problem is deleting all the internal DK data related to the
duplicates, especially the thumbnails/previews.

> But if you are not comfortable writing scripts, in digikam there's
> the "versions" panel on the right, where identical pictures are
> also detected, even if they don't have the same filename. Maybe
> that could be helpful.

Never tried or explored the version tab. Looks interesting. I'll
explore...

Thanks

Syv

--