[digiKam-users] PGF support in ImageMagick or PHP Graphics Library

Tac Tacelosky tacman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 14:50:02 BST 2019

Thanks, Gilles, for working with the ImageMagick folks to support PGF.
I've been following the issue with interest.

My general deployment for web apps is via heroku.  My concern is that if
the conversion is via calling an external command line program, I won't be
able to install it via heroku, at least not without paying $25/month for a
dedicated dyno.

If it is possible to call that, I can hack something in now that calls it,
probably writing the PGF data to a file, then calling the CLI to do the
conversion and reading it back in.  But I don't know if that's even
possible via heroku and other cloud services.  So ideally it'd be compiled
in.

I surprised the API is C only, not C++.  Unfortunate.

PHP also supports Cairo, GraphicsMagick and GD (
https://www.php.net/manual/en/refs.utilspec.image.php)  No idea if it's
easier with any of these to integrate a PGF converter.

Again, thanks for working on it!

Tac