[digiKam-users] Thumbnails are in Progessive Graphics File (PGF)

Tac Tacelosky tacman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:08:14 BST 2019

Not piwigo, but DigiKam.  But since digiKam is a desktop app, it's normally
completely self-contained.  But the discussion was about accessing the
MySQL database in digiKam so that it could be usable on the web.  And
that's where having an esoteric format is problematic.  If the thumbnails
were stored in PNG or JPEG, it would literally be a few lines of code to
render them in the web browser.

Tac