[digiKam-users] Thumbnails are in Progessive Graphics File (PGF)

Gerhard Hoogterp gerhard at frappe.xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 10 20:11:17 BST 2019

On woensdag 10 april 2019 20:35:58 CEST Tac Tacelosky wrote:
> After digging around a bit, I think I have the answer to the question about
> how the thumbnails are stored, which is PGF:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Graphics_File
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me find something in PHP that will
> convert from PGF to JPEG or PNG.

Probably a stupid question, but... if piwigo stores its thumbnails in a
database in a format that nobody uses, including browsers AND I see online the
thumbnails being jpg, which makes sense since otherwise they would be useless,
wouldn't that mean that in the piwigo code somewhere there's a conversion?
And as I see this code on github it should be there somewhere?

Not a piwigo user or anything, just wondering?

--
https://gerhardhoogterp.nl/latest