[digiKam-users] Web based interface (in PHP etc)

Tac Tacelosky tacman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 12:37:18 BST 2019

The thumbnails are stored in format that hardly anyone uses (blanking on
the name of it now).  In particular, there are no PHP libraries for reading
it, even integrating GD, the popular and powerful image manipulation
library.

I wish there were an option for selecting the thumbnail format, which
included jpg and png (and the associated quality and size options).  Even
if the database were bigger, it would allow much easier access to the
thumbnails, without all the complications of re-creating thumbnails from
somewhere else.

Tac