[digiKam-users] Automating tag maintenance?

Michael Gauland mikelygee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 01:11:40 BST 2018

I've been trying to get a handle on my photo collection, which has been
building up in digikam for years. I've tagged images with varying levels
of consistency over that time, and I'd like to improve that, to make it
easier to find particular images.

One thing I'd like to do is apply any tags on a JPEG to its
corresponding RAW image (and vice-versa).

I'd also like to extend this to derived images. I use two naming schemes
for this: <image name>-edited.jpg and darktable_exports/<image
name>.jpg.  I might also want to apply the tag 'postprocessed' to these
files as well.

Any suggestions on how best to automate this? I can probably puzzle out
the database structure well enough to make this work by mucking with it
directly, but that might not work in future releases.

Kind Regards,

Michael