[digiKam-users] Properties tab: Change fields aligment to improve legibility (usability)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 16:01:44 BST 2018

What do you think about this layout ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/44908963831/in/dateposted/

Instead to put the info name on the left side and the info value on the
right side, both on the same line, i put all info on a dedicated line,
centered.

Align all to left is horrible to read. centering lines give the best
result.

To compare, i show dolphin properties left sidebar. The alignment on the
same line is the same than current DK, but the value can take more than one
line if necessary. It's more optimum than version proposed in my layout.

Note that alignment of info lines in current code is the same than Dolphin,
excepted for the multi-lines support for the values.

Best