[digiKam-users] google maps doesn't like digikam anymore?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Sep 25 11:03:11 BST 2018

On 25.09.18 11:01, Maik Qualmann wrote:
> Google Maps now requires a registration and API key when using the
> service. DigiKam-5.9.0 does not yet contain this API key. There was a
> transition period for older programs that has now expired. DigiKam-6.0.0
> is registered and sends an API key to Google, so it works with this
> version. We use a free account and we will see if the maximum allowed
> map retrieval per day will be sufficient for all digiKam users worldwide.
>
> Maik

thanks for explaining - so I know it's not my system that has gone wild :-)

Let's see when dk 6 arrives at opensuse repos. (for several personal
reasons I prefer to use those, even if I don't have the latest dk all
the time)

Let me again express my gratefulness for this fantastic application
which is the most used in my daily work.

Daniel