[digiKam-users] Crashing writing metadata

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Sat Sep 22 16:51:25 BST 2018

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 08:10:16 +0200
Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:

> Run appImage bundle with the "debug" option to run it on GDB and
> get a backtrace with "bt" command from GDB prompt.

1. Just installed gdb (manjaro)
2. run
gdb env LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libfreetype.so"
downloads/appimages/digikam-5.9.0-01-x86-64.appimage

and I get:

> gdb: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.7m.so.1.0:

I'm not yet on python 3.7, I'm still on python: 3.6.6.
3.7 crashes some of my "other stuff"

> Try to localize the image file responsible to the crash. I suspect a
> problem with Exiv2 library.
>
> Which kind of metadata settings do you use ? which metadata do you
> change exactly ?

I ran the quality sorter, and now I'm going album by album and
removing most of the flags. When I'm done with the album, then I
write the metadata to file.

I have found that:

* if I have the lazy synchronize: ON then it will crash every time
* if I have the lazy synchronize: OFF then it crashes occasionally

I tried dk6 beta. It took 7 hours for the database conversion to the
new file structure: 45000 images and no videos.

AMDFX8350 (8cores-4Mhz), 12GB RAM, plenty of disc space.

DK6beta: I had the lazy synchronize: OFF and it didn't crash but
DK6beta is slow and I'm missing 1 row from the thumbnail window, so I
removed DK6beta and restored my DK5.9.0 dbs.

Merci

Syv

> Gilles Caulier

> > DK 5.9.0 appimage
> >
> > I tried to save the metadata to file and DK crashes
> >
> > Here's the "log" but starting dk from the command line:

> > [froggy at ethelbert ~]$
> > downloads/appimages/digikam-5.9.0-01-x86-64.appimage
[...]

--
sknahT

vyS