[digiKam-users] Digikam puts its "signature" in metadata even when no other changes - why?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 20:43:36 BST 2018

Ok, interesting discussion. If I look at the definition of Exiv2:

Exif.Image.ProcessingSoftware => The name and version of the software used to
post-process the picture.

Would I understand it so that only with changes to the image data is a
software entry. So I would suggest that only the image editor sets the
software entries, but also the lossless JPEG rotation. Metadata changes write
no digiKam software entrys.

Maik