[digiKam-users] Can one change one metadata item in several images easily?

Noeck noeck.marburg at gmx.de
Thu Sep 20 19:07:48 BST 2018

Dear Chris,

> I have a need to change one metadata item in a lot of images

I am hoping for such a functionality for years, but unfortunately there
is no easy way. I wrote my own python scripts which query the digikam
sqlite-database (because it's faster than reading through all the files)
and then applies changes to exif metadata according to tags.

Unfortunately, these scripts are too messy to be generally useful. I
hope that I can find some time to improve and publish them.

I would really like a metadata editor where you can select multiple
files and just edit some part of the metadata and leave the rest as is.

Cheers,
Joram