[digiKam-users] Export tags from images

Pedro Neves nevesdiver at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 10:40:49 BST 2018

On 9/3/18 10:27 AM, Anders Kamf wrote:

I use exiftool, an excellent command line tool available both for linux
and windows, for such purposes,
https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

BR
Anders

> Den tors 30 aug. 2018 kl 13:38 skrev <leoutation at gmx.fr
> <mailto:leoutation at gmx.fr>>:
>

>     Hi
>     May be useful: digitaglinktree
>     'Archive mode is thought for people who want to archive tagged photos
>     independently of digikams root directories and the photos therein.
>     This
>     way you can put your photos and their tag structure in eg. a tar
>     archive'
>     https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/1-digitaglinktree/

Hi:

@leoutation at gmx.fr

I saw digitaglinktree but it seemed that it would only replicate my tag
structure on another location on disk, which is not what I want.

@ Anders

exiftool could, indeed, be an option. I'll have a look and see if if can
come up with a script to automate this...

Thanks to all.

Cheers:

Pedro