[digiKam-users] MySQL internal

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 06:52:57 BST 2018

There is nothing missing in the screencast. You see the complete change from
SQlite to internal MySQL. The database is automatically created by digiKam if
it does not already exist. This happens at the point where you select internal
MySQL and exit the setup with OK. Again, to understand, internal MySQL has
nothing to do with a running local MySQL server. DigiKam creates the database
and a server instance itself and terminates it. The communication is via a
socket file.

Maik