[digiKam-users] 6.0.0 beta compilation failed

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 07:57:18 BST 2018

> Hi there,
>
> I got the following error when running the make command:
>
> /tmp/digikam-6.0.0-beta1/core/libs/dialogs/webbrowserdlg.cpp:38:13: fatal
> error: QWebEngineView: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
>  #   include <QWebEngineView>
>              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> compilation terminated.
> core/libs/dialogs/CMakeFiles/digikamdialogscore_src.dir/build.make:422:
> recipe for target 'core/libs/dialogs/CMakeFiles/
> digikamdialogscore_src.dir/webbrowserdlg.cpp.o' failed
> make[2]: *** [core/libs/dialogs/CMakeFiles/digikamdialogscore_src.dir/webbrowserdlg.cpp.o]
> Error 1
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4558: recipe for target 'core/libs/dialogs/CMakeFiles/
> digikamdialogscore_src.dir/all' failed
> make[1]: *** [core/libs/dialogs/CMakeFiles/digikamdialogscore_src.dir/all]
> Error 2
> Makefile:140: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2

It miss the QtWebengine  headers on your system, so the development package
relevant.

But cmake at configuration time must report about.

It sound a broken package installed on your system. Which system do you use
?

> Additionnaly, I got some fews warnings during the steps which have been
> built:

All come from the internal CImg library code include as 3rdParty, and not
updated since a very long time. And we cannot update it anymore...