[digiKam-users] Use digiKam with a NAS and MariaDB

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Mon Oct 22 17:57:57 BST 2018

Hi,

I think that's it's "kind of possible" with some admin work.

Lets assume that all the photos are in the /photos/ directory and
each user is /photos/user1, /photos/user2.

1. You will need to set the directories to be private.
2. User master-digikam has to be to access them all.
3. Set the "master-dk" to read all the photos/userX for all
users and set the mySQL to external
4. Set each user with their own digikam database, sqlite would be OK.
5. Make sure that each dk-user writes the XMPs that would be read by
master-dk.

That way each user cannot see the other images, only their own, but
master-dk could see everything.

The other alternative would be everybody uses mysql/mariadb and sets
the replication into master-dk with the "replicate-do-table". I have
never done this in mysql but it works extremely well in SQL Server.

Thanks

Syv

--
sknahT