[digiKam-users] Use digiKam with a NAS and MariaDB

Stefan Müller stefan.mueller.83 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 22:11:59 BST 2018

The gallery is the and step downstream the picture management and
processing process.
Any user has its home folder on a network drive for its own media. There
is a shared network drive  for  shared / common medias.
We are going to switch to Nextcloud for improved sharing soon.

I'm wondering how to setup the database and digiKam that I can use it on
any machine and it shows me only the pictures I'm supposed to see,
without endless re-scanning of the source folder or database.
In digikam any user can do the tagging and per-selection and may do some
post processing with digiKam or external applications.

Afterwards, the selected pictures a put in a media gallery and/or social
or sharing  platform.

Is there are proper workflow meeting my requirements?

thx

Stefan

Sent from a fair mobile

Le ven. 19 oct. 2018 à 16:28, jdd at dodin.org <mailto:jdd at dodin.org>
<jdd at dodin.org <mailto:jdd at dodin.org>> a écrit :

    Le 19/10/2018 à 16:23, Stefan Mueller a écrit :
     > Hoi Dimitri,
     > Thanks for your efforts, it's highly appreciated as I am
    intending to do
     > the same thing, as digiKam would run on different machines.
     >
     > Doing all this, have thought about setting up a multiple user
    environment?
     > Most of the pictures I take care of are common ones but some private
     > ones of each user.
     > So I'm wondering if it is possible to show pictures and their
    thumbnails
     > depending on the user account of the logged in local user?
     > If possible without a rescan of the entire library.

    isn't that more the goal of a gallery? (I use piwigo)

    jdd

    --
    http://dodin.org