[digiKam-users] Anyone with a +300K photos internal mysql database?

Dumelle, Timo (E+K) TDumelle at ek-gmbh.de
Fri Oct 19 09:22:11 BST 2018

I am dropping in here.

I have 305k photos in many folders on a network share.
Many of the folders on that share don't contain pictures, but since the paths are kinda "mixed up" with other files I can't just scan the photos.

Dk needs about 5 - 10 minutes to start up while hanging on "reading database"
And nearly every operation that goes beyond just viewing pics in albums cause it to either not responding for a long time or crashing
Currently it is finding duplicates which seems to proceed pretty fast.

Picasa for example has absolute no problems with this pictures.
But I need server functions for about 20 clients to connect to the DB

Can I help with any of these tests?