[digiKam-users] dk 5.9 with mysql server startup very slow

Dumelle, Timo (E+K) TDumelle at ek-gmbh.de
Fri Oct 19 07:04:45 BST 2018

Hi,

I tried (again) to test digikam with a pretty huge image database.
There are 305000 pictures at the network share I was scanning.
There are also many folders which do not contain pictures because that share is a mix of doc, xls, pdf, CAD Drawings, Videos and Images
So it is not possible to only set the image paths as scan target

The scanning worked without problems (took a whole night)
But that’s ok.

The thing is that it takes about 5 – 10 minutes to “read the database” when starting digikam.

I installed the SQL server on a HyperV 6 core VM with 8 gigs of ram. So that should be fine.

Is there a way to speed up the start?
Picasa 2 for example needs a few seconds to start with the same amount of pictures

And is there a way to exclude folders from scanning that do not contain pictures?

Sincerely

Timo