[digiKam-users] dk 5.9 freezes under certain conditions - addition

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Wed Oct 17 12:06:19 BST 2018

Hi Gilles,

here's the output:
https://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/digikam.txt

(I replaced path's and uuid's because the file is public, if you need
the original file I can send it to you in a private email)

- started digikam
- went to the folder

[loop]
- opened an image from album into editor
- chosed colors->black and white
- canceled the converter
- moved the file to another folder
[/loop]
(I think 3 times)

[loop]
- the same as before, but
- selected the next image to open without moving the previous one
[/loop]
(I think 2 times, iirc once I clicked on colors->autocorrection and
canceled it)

Now in the editor the image of before is shown (not the actually clicked
one), the menu is grayed out, hovering the menu shows the "wait-cursor".

I tried two or three times (closing bw-coverter with close-button up on
the right, clicking on other thumbnail in album...).

Finally I close digikam with close-button up on the right in album.

But: digikam disappeared (window closed) but it's still in the process
list with 0 CPU, 758'532 K memory and 147'672 K shared memory. This for
quite a while now without changing any numbers (since I closed digikam,
uploaded the txt file and wrote this mail). Now I killed the process...

Let's see if the output is helpful :-)

kind regards

Daniel