[digiKam-users] MTS video metadata

Guy Rutenberg guyrutenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:49:15 BST 2018

Hi,

From: Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com>
> To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the
> power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org>
> Bcc:
> Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2018 21:09:10 +0200
> Subject: Re: [digiKam-users] MTS video metadata
> I found a sample video from this camera on the web. In fact, FFmpeg does
> not
> find the date in the file. Exiftool displays a date. All other parameters
> such
> as video codec, audio codec, etc. are recognized.

It seems ffmpeg fails to extract most of the metadata as well, as it
doesn't recognize thing like camera model as well.
I think about a workaround by copying (using ffmpeg) the video to another
container format which is better supported by ffmpeg/digikam and then
copying the metadata using exiftool.

I've tried:
  ffmpeg -i video.mts -c copy video.mp4
  exiftool -tagsFromFile video.mts video.mp4

But still digikam won't read the creation time and other metadata. Any
other recommended format?

Thanks,
Guy