[digiKam-users] The task "/usr/bin digikam -qwindowtitle digikam" appears twice in htop

Rafael Linux rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:09:55 BST 2018

Sorry, as I told in other posts, I have not direct access to retrieve info
when I want to (is the user job machine), so I just now have access and can
clarify some questions:
- I launch only ONE time Digikam (at Plasma start). In this case, I killed
all instances (Digikam and MySQL) and launch it manually again. Result is
the same: A lot of Digikam and MySQL threads.
- Plasma monitor (ksysguard) only shows 1 Digikam task and 1 mysqld
instance. Is "htop" (from command line) who shows really all those threads.
Maybe is normal .... but I really don't know.
- When we got Digikam to respond (after launching manually and wait "X"
minutes), user *only clicked* "Advanced search" ... and that was the worst
decision ....  Digikam advanced search window opened but just  "freezed"
doing who knows, and unfortunately that implies Digikam main window is
freezed too, so user can't work with application (20 minutes ago now).

Digikam is working, as you can see in attached image, taking 25% of CPU
processes resources, but no Digikam windows contents are showed at all.

I think these issues are related to the growing database. We are reaching
398.000 images (we started at +300K) but our database is increased all days
by 20 to 100 (estimated) new photos (mainly JPG) every work day.

Any suggestion?
<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376179/digikam_-_advanced_search_freezed_Digikam.png>