[digiKam-users] MTS video metadata

Guy Rutenberg guyrutenberg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 11:06:25 BST 2018

Hi,

I've got couple of MTS videos (shot using Sony a6000), and it seems that
Digikam fails to parse the tags from the file. I've tried both digikam 5.9
and the 6.0 beta. I saw that there were improvements to metadata handling
in 6.0, but it didn't solve it. The thing that bothers me the most is
incorrect time associated with the videos (it seems digikam is using
modification time of the file, while ignoring the timezone), which means
that the videos are not sorted correctly compared to the JPEGs.

I've checked with exiftool and the MTS files indeed contain the correct
metadata (including maker and model which are not parsed at all by digikam).

I don't remember such problems with mp4 videos in the past. Am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks,
Guy