[digiKam-users] bad sizing with dual monitors

Kenneth Ingham ingham at i-pi.com
Thu Oct 4 20:19:45 BST 2018

You did not mention the OS (and possibly desktop environment).

On GNU.Linux systems, X windows has problems with displays of different
DPIs.  This is a fundamental design problem with X.  It has been fixed
in Wayland, but whether or not this will help you depends on the version
of your OS and desktop environment.  It also depends on your hardware
(Wayland appears to be behind for Nvidia due to issues with Nvidia).  I
have a 4K laptop monitor and everything else looks huge.  Unfortunately,
I have Nvidia hardware, so I am anxiously awaiting the situation to improve.
--
Kenneth Ingham

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
---Dwight D. Eisenhower, First Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953