[digiKam-users] How to rebuild RAW thumbnails?

Cirrus cirrus at gatohaus.com
Wed Oct 3 11:09:43 BST 2018

As others have said, the value of seeing the b&w jpeg immediately after
taking a shot is nearly critical.  Plus the particular rendering this
camera produces is something I very much like.

The point about the impact on speed in DK if the embedded raw thumbnail is
regenerated is a serious concern.  Although doing so should be optional and
a user would likely understand they are invoking a penalty.

That said, darktable does this (as an option for a thumbnail outside of the
raw) and the penalty, to me, is quite minor. I'd very much like to have the
choice in DK.

Given all the information everyone has kindly provided here (Thank you!),
it doesn't seem like there's a easy solution.  I'll probably continue doing
organization and tagging in DK but move culling and rating over to
darktable.  So it goes.