[digiKam-users] Use digiKam with a NAS and MariaDB

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Sun Nov 18 20:31:25 GMT 2018

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 21:12:31 +0100
"Stefan Müller" <stefan.mueller.83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> it looks like it is feasible:
> • MySQL: can I implement row-level AND column level security?
> • Protect Your Data: Row-level Security in MariaDB 10.0

Sorry (I'm Canadian and we try to be polite), but I still don't think
that it's possible under the current conditions.

DK doesn't track the users, therefore DK doesn't know which photo
belong to who.

If you can add the user information to the database then it might be
possible, with something like: userid-filename.extension, then create
views that are for each user, but in the end, you would still have to
modify the DK code to take count of that info.

Gilles is the "boss"...

--
sknahT

vyS