[digiKam-users] Export to remote storage

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 18:58:21 GMT 2018

Hi,

not all KDE, only the dependencies that do not introduce the big puzzle of
unsolvable run-times, as... KIO.

The libraries dependencies are there, but for the rest, it's just
impossible to bundle. I tried, and i lost 3 weeks of work to try to
understand without success.

This is why, we left step by step all KDE dependencies. It's become too
complex for a big project as digiKam. We need simplicity, and if Qt5 is
enough to do the job, KDE API are dropped in favor of Qt.

For the KIO stuff, the tool need to be simplified and ported to pure Qt5.
We have reports in bugzilla about this topic.

Best

Gilles Caulier