[digiKam-users] bootstrap can't find ffmpeg

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 19:44:55 GMT 2018

Hi,

In fact, bootstrap bash script is just a configuration start. The whole
configuration job is delegate to cmake, and about ffmpeg, the detection is
performed by this script :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam.git/tree/core/cmake/modules/FindFFmpeg.cmake

There is a macro to check all ffmpeg component (header, library,
compilation flags). Under Linux, it use the famous package_config files
generated when ffmpeg is installed. Typically package_config must help
quickly to found all components by an external tool as cmake. I suspect
that you ffmpeg package_config file is not well adjusted (it's a simple
text files with settings and path description).

Can i see the whole DK configuration stage generated on the console, with
the build sub-dir previously removed ?

Best

Gilles Caulier