[digiKam-users] Complete Newbie Question

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:47:38 GMT 2018

Make sure your pictures folder has been added to Collections. You can check that in Settings- Collections Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Stuart Cunningham <stuartc at gmx.com> Date: 2018-11-15  6:40 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: [digiKam-users] Complete Newbie Question
I've installed Digikam 5.9.0 on my Macbook and hit a problem that prevents me even getting started. I've selected the folder that contains all my pictures, but the initial scan process doesn't seem to be happening. I've tried Tools/Maintenance/Scan for new items, which goes through the motions, but doesn't seem to find any new items. I've tried to create a new album, but the new option is greyed out. I think there's something really simple that I don't know - please point me in the right direction.

Stuart