[digiKam-users] DK6b3 hogs CPU

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Wed Nov 7 21:41:17 GMT 2018

On Wed, 07 Nov 2018 22:01:28 +0100
Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do I understand correctly that digiKam generates a base load at
> idle by 33%?

No. DK uses 33% when flagging with assign label > pick flag: I use
alt-2 and alt-3.

I have 8 cpus (no hyperthreading). 1 of them goes 100% then it
becomes 2 or 3 cpus running around 50% (all according to HTOP)

This does NOT happen for the tags, the ratings, the captions...

I have started from the command line and I assign a pick flag

Digikam::MaintenanceThread::slotThreadFinished: List of Pending Jobs is empty
Digikam::adjustedEnvironmentForAppImage: Adjusting environment variables for AppImage bundle
Digikam::DNotificationWrapper: Event is dispatched to desktop notifier through DBUS
Digikam::adjustedEnvironmentForAppImage: Adjusting environment variables for AppImage bundle
Digikam::DNotificationWrapper: Event is dispatched to desktop notifier through DBUS
Digikam::ActionThreadBase::cancel: Cancel Main Thread
Digikam::ActionThreadBase::cancel: Cancel Main Thread
Digikam::ScanController::slotRelaxedScanning: Starting scan!
unknown: Parse error in  "/home/froggy/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu" , line  1 , col  1 :  "unexpected end of file"
unknown: Parse error in  "/home/froggy/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu" , line  1 , col  1 :  "unexpected end of file"
unknown: The menu spec file contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix your file.
Digikam::TagsActionMngr::slotAssignFromShortcut: Shortcut value:  2
Digikam::ActionThreadBase::setMaximumNumberOfThreads: Using  8  CPU core to run threads
Digikam::ActionThreadBase::setMaximumNumberOfThreads: Using  8  CPU core to run threads
Digikam::ActionThreadBase::run: Action Thread run  1  new jobs
Digikam::ActionThreadBase::run: Action Thread run  1  new jobs
Digikam::ActionThreadBase::slotJobFinished: One job is done

--
sknahT

vyS