[digiKam-users] Corrupted pictures after date change?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 18:44:27 BST 2018

Today I noticed that some of the pictures I had previously edited earlier
this morning had been corrupted. They could still be opened, but they were
all distorted, with parts missing, weird lines and color changes.

It's no big deal since I had a backup and I could restore them, but it's
kinda scary that this could happen without noticing and without any warning.
I only detected the corruption when I opened one of the pictures by chance,
since the thumbnail still displayed the correct image.

I'm still trying to figure out the cause. The corruption happened in
virtually all the pictures in which the date was changed (using the metadata
edit option in digikam). My pictures are stored in a NAS, and currently the
database is the NAS as well (I know, I'm just experimenting). Could this be
the cause?

I'm using digikam 6.0git in windows 10 64bit, by the way.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?