[digiKam-users] Problems opening image in darktable

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Wed May 2 07:47:57 BST 2018

Hello,
I have just upgraded to Fedora 28 (cinnamon desktop) and find Digikam
(5.9.0) behaves differently when selecting an image and using "open with".
  Previous behaviour, when selecting "open with darktable", darktable would
open over Digikam with the selected image loaded, and when done I could
kill darktable and drop back to Digikam.
Now darktable opens behind Digikam.
I should add that I haven't found any way of minimising Digikam to get to
darktable, it takes over the whole screen and all 'exit full screen' does
is add another toolbar at the top, no minimise icon or ability to grab
edges or corners of the screen. I have to quit Digikam then restart it
when done with darktable.
I would add that this behaviour of Digikam (taking over the whole screen
with no means of minimising) has prevailed for as long as I have used
Digikam, which is some years now.
  Is anyone aware of any settings in Digikam, that have eluded me, that
cause Digikam to be minimised, or allow the "open with darktable" to open
darktable in front of Digikam?

Cheers,
--
Regards,