[digiKam-users] Date taken versus creation date

JoãoLeonardo joao.oliveira.leonardo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 15:39:17 BST 2018

When I take pictures I usually store them on my laptop in a queue for several
months until I find the time to get around to make any adjustments needed.

I noticed digiKam is using the creation date (which is the moment I got the
time to process the image) rather than the date taken (which is the relevant
date for each photograph) to sort my photos.

Is there a way to make sure digiKam uses the date taken attribute?