[digiKam-users] Digikam on Apple OS X?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:35:13 GMT 2018

Hi,

I remember a report like this few week ago.

I think there is a problem with PKG build environment which need to be
updated (Qt 5.8.0 currently), or at least recompiled from scratch with same
components version (through Macport), to include compatibility with recent
MacOs.

The problem come from Macports which break the compilation quickly due to
packages which need to be updated in compilation rules. Macports is really
a big puzzle.

As i don't yet installed MacOS 10.13.x for security reasons (i'm wait that
Apple published a real stable release), i cannot check the problem on my
Macbook pro.

To investigate, can you go to
/opt/digikam/Applications/KF5/digikam.app/Contents/MacOS/
and run digiKam from a console.

Report here all debug trace printed while startup.

Thanks in advance