[digiKam-users] Run two copies of digikam with different databases?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 22:23:49 GMT 2018

[gilles at localhost core]$ digikam --help
Usage: digikam [options]
Professional Photo Management with the Power of Open Source

  -v, --version               Displays version information.
  -h, --help                  Displays this help.
  --author                    Show author information.
  --license                   Show license information.
  --desktopfile <file name>   The base file name of the desktop entry for
this
                              application.
  --download-from <path>      Open camera dialog at <path>
  --download-from-udi <udi>   Open camera dialog for the device with Solid
UDI
                              <udi>
  --detect-camera             Automatically detect and open a connected
gphoto2
                              camera
  --database-directory <dir>  Start digikam with the SQLite database file
found
                              in the directory <dir>
  --config <config>           Start digikam with the configuration file
                              <config>
[gilles at localhost core]$

The --database-directory option can help you