[digiKam-users] Renaming a folder does not work

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 20:30:35 GMT 2018

 I will test it the days with an NFS share. I also use openSUSE Tumbleweed. I
looked at the source code of dolphin, dolphin uses KIO::rename(). And
KIO::rename() deactivates the KDirWatch for the directory before renaming it.
We also use a QFileSystemWatcher and remove the monitored directory
beforehand. The QDir::rename function may fail with open files. However, the
KIO::rename () function also removes the parent directory.
We'll see if that's the problem. It will, however, be fixed only in digiKam
6.0.0. I also tend to make the QFileSystemWatcher optional because it
generates many unnecessary events during file operations and not every user
needs the functionality.

Maik