[digiKam-users] Should i add face "zone" when person are not in front ?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:42:52 GMT 2018

Hi,

yes it is. The face recognition algorithm will use face region and tag name
assigned to perform face similarity searches. For a functionnal face
recognition, at least 6 similar faces must be tagged manually, else the
algorithm is not able to recognize people.

If you tags non face region as face region, the recognition will produce
face results.