[digiKam-users] Is changing the date of a photo a destructive process?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:54:30 GMT 2018

Hi again,

I have been doing some tests, comparing images before and after the date was
changed in the Batch Queue Manager using an image comparer (
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Others/Image-Comparer.shtml
<http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Others/Image-Comparer.shtml>
)

The file generated after a date change is identical to the original, not a
single pixel was changed. File size is different due to changes in the
metadata, but that's it.

As a comparison, I tried to open and save the same JPG picture using
Microsoft Paint, and the image comparer found lots of differences to the
original.

Therefore, I conclude that changing the date in digikam is a lossless
process.

PS: now, if only the date changing process were more intuitive in digikam...