[digiKam-users] Renaming a folder does not work

karsten_df karsten.defreese at posteo.de
Tue Mar 6 19:56:09 GMT 2018

hi all,
when last using digikam, I ran into a problem I had not seen before.
I've imported some photos, creating a folder structure like
When trying to rename the folder afterwards from <date> to some
content-specific name, there's an error message popup window like 'cannot
rename folder'.
(The folder is then still renamed in digikam's view, but that's not my issue
here - the issue is, that it's not renamed at the actual storage location,
and the renaming therefore is reverted during the next scan for changes.)

Any ideas what could go wrong here? Should I create a bug ticket?
A permission issue seems like an obvious explanation, however how could the
image importer create the directories then?

I'm using digikam
- under (a rather fresh install of) OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, latest updates
(was using digikam before under Leap 42.2)
- with a mySQL data base on a separate server
- with images in multiple collections, most of which are on an NFS share on
that same server
  (the issue described is with a NFS collection)

Console output of a digikam startup (including search for new images) is
attached - I can't see any traces of the failed rename there. The error
should occur almost at the end of the console log
digikam_log.txt
<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376440/digikam_log.txt>

many thanks for your help -
Karsten