[digiKam-users] Using DigiKam with Google Backup and Sync

Mitz mitzeclipse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 06:17:21 GMT 2018

Hi all
I use DigiKam as my desktop app to manage my photos and also backup my
photos folder to Google Photos.  I used to use Google's  Desktop Uploader
<https://sites.google.com/site/picasaresources/Home/Picasa-FAQ/g-auto-backup-for-desktop>
but now have migrated to the replacement of that tool called Google  Backup
and Sync <https://www.google.com/drive/download/backup-and-sync/>

The key word for me is Sync so I was trying to see if I were to make changes
to my photos, such as edit captions in Digikam, would it appear in Google
Photos and vice versa.  Unfortunately with my testing it doesn't seem to
work; any changes I make to the captions in DigiKam is not seen in Google
Photos and any changes to captions made in Google Photos is not seen in
DigiKam.

Any ideas why this is the case and how this could be resolved?

Thanks