[digiKam-users] Dealing with changing albim root

g257 g73500 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 30 16:08:24 BST 2018

A few days ago I had a disc failure and had to recover from backups - no
great data loss as far as I'm aware however because that disc held my
photographs when I restored to a different disc the UUID was different. I
quickly realised that digiKam needed fiddling and amended the digikam.db to
change the album root etc. and that seemed to work although I didn't amend
the thumbnail db so there are a lot of duplicate (and wrong) entries there
now.
In this particular instance my main concern was not losing the various tags
that had been set up over the years and that seems to be OK now.
I did a search before I started but didn't find anything directly useful but
I do wonder whether there is, or should be, a facility to deal with that
sort of global change.
Are there any tools to handle this or better methods than I used ?

graham