[digiKam-users] DK & renaming files

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Sun Jun 24 20:17:43 BST 2018

DK 5.9.0 appimage

The files names from the camera are: dscf1234.raf (sRGB) I'd like to
rename it to: construction-20180623-1234.raf

I press F2 and I type: construction-[date:"yyyyMMdd"]-####[1234].

The problem is:

1. I have dozens and hundreds of files, from: dscf1234.raf to dscf6543.raf.

2. The file numbering is not continuous, so there are gaps in the
numbering. Plenty of images were not good and were deleted. The
other reason is that it's not a continuous project: a few photos of
construction, then some family photos, then some... and back to the
construction...

Is there a way of doing substrings in the rename, something like:
right(4)?

--
sknahT

vyS