[digiKam-users] Importing via MTP in Windows

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 23 13:51:02 BST 2018

On samedi 23 juin 2018 13:15:52 CEST Will Davis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use DigiKam in Windows but haven't worked out how to import
> photos from my smartphone via MTP yet. Can anyone explain this for me
> please? Do I have to add another KIPI plugin? If so how?
No idea...
A work-around would be to copy the files from the phone to the final directory
with another program, then Digikam can check that directory on start-up and
import the new files into its database.

> Also, the option to import from USB storage devices is greyed out, I can't
> select it. Is this linked? Or is this only for USB mass storage mode
> devices?

Probable cause: your smartphone doesn't provide a "USB mass storage"
interface, but only MTP.

Remco