[digiKam-users] Bootstrap Noob for plugin devel

Not available pan at tutanota.de
Tue Jun 12 07:49:01 BST 2018

Hello,
 I'm looking for someone to help me get started and set up for developing a plugin for Digikam. I am  not starting from total scratch I have a reasonable handle on C++. but this is the first time I have worked on  on a project of this scale and I have been having trouble getting the environment set up so i can start my first attempts at plugin development for digikam.

The over all plugin goal I have is Vary ambitious and I am well aware it will take a non-trival amount of time to complete if I am even able to; and That is to bring full, local object recognition to digikam. I see it working similar to how the current facial reconciliation works to train but I figured id have a go at using deep learning  since I it can take advantage of Inference so it does not start from scratch  and is lighter on the machine running it

needless to say i wont be starting there ill need to have a reasonable handle on how digikam handles image data and  meta data on that image to even get started.

TL;DR noob needs help setting up for plugin devel