[digiKam-users] Digikam: Cannot access file ././/share/alsa/alsa.conf

ralphl lachenmaier at mchsi.com
Fri Jun 8 00:49:02 BST 2018

Gilles
Thank you very much for responding so quickly.  I downloaded the 6.0.0
appimage and it fixed the problem. Thank you.

Another question on installing a new OS with Digikam appimage.  I did a
fresh install of Xubuntu 18.04 in a new disk partition.  I kept my old 17.04
OS in its old disk partition.  I have my system structured for multiple OSs.
All my data is in a separate data partition including my photos, my digikam
database, and the digikam appimage itself.  To install the 18.04 OS, i
merely copied 2 digikam files from the 17.04 OS into the same location in
the 18.04 OS.  These were:
/home/ralph/.config/digikamrc
/home ralph/.local/share/digikam/cameras.xml

This seems to work, but is there anything else I should do, like copy other
files, or set some parameters???