[digiKam-users] Best distro for digiKam? (user)

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Sun Jul 29 07:45:59 BST 2018

Hi!

If digikam is your main priority, Debian Linux (Version: Stretch) is no good
choice (at least for my use cases):

 * default digikam version is 5.3.0 (which has issues with tagging by keyboard;
   digikam version 5.9.0 work way better for this job)
 * digikam AppImage 5.9.0 has some problems with system integration:
   * image action "open with" does not load mime type associations of Debian
     host system
   * same problem for "open album in file explorer"

Of course, you could try to backport and build your own Debian package, but this
will mean lot of learning and working.

Regards,
	Peter