[digiKam-users] Exporting to Google Photos: Option to skip existing files?

Geoff gstanbury at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 00:42:33 BST 2018

Hi. I export a set of photos to an album in Google Photos, and some of the
photos already exist in the Google album. Digikam gives a pop-up box saying
"A linked item already exists," and I'm asked whether to "Add as new," "Add
all," "Replace," "Replace all," or "Cancel."

Could there be an option to skip existing files? I'd like to use Digikam to
repeatedly update an online album that's continually growing as I add more
photos. I'd rather not have to re-upload *everything* each time I want to
add some new photos. (And it's a lot easier in Digikam to just "select all"
of the photos with a certain tag than to manually identify only the new
photos that aren't yet online.)

But to make matters worse, even when I try to replace the existing files,
they don't actually get replaced. Rather, they get duplicated, and I wind up
with duplicate images on Google Photos.

If anybody knows any work-arounds, hacks, or the like, I'd very much
appreciate it! Thanks.