[digiKam-users] Best distro for digiKam? (user)

Peter McD peter.posts at gmx.net
Fri Jul 27 20:53:39 BST 2018

Am 27.07.2018 um 09:40 schrieb leoutation at gmx.fr:
> On 07/25/2018 04:09 PM, Toby Newman wrote:
>>
>> About to rebuild my linux box and digiKam has long been one of my
>> favourite bits of software, so I'm factoring it in my choice of distro.
>>
>> Is there a best choice of Linux distro for digiKam?
>>
> With Arch Linux you always get last stable DK version, no need to wait...

So with SUSE Tumbleweed, or with SUSE Leap 15 plus certain community
repositories.
Fedora is not bad
I think you also may find a digikam-ppa für (K)ubuntu.

or what about "snaps"
https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/basic-snap-usage#0

"flatpack" may be something for you, too;-)

This is "Linux", enjoy;-)

cu
Peter