[digiKam-users] Best distro for digiKam? (user)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 10:32:28 BST 2018

Hi,

The KDE dependencies are not yet fully removed. The last pending 20% are
always the most difficult to complete.

The dependencies list, updated, is given in the API doc for developers :

https://www.digikam.org/api/index.html#externaldeps

A lots of KDE components are optional to be less sensible to KDE API
changes in the future. As you can see few ones still mandatory. But the
situation is less critical that for version 3.x or 4.x

Anyway, personalty, i use Mageia 6 Linux, which integrate very well KDE.
The digiKam tarball manager is a guy from Magiea team. So the application
is well integrated.