All albums are removed if there is a network disconnection

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 11:42:13 GMT 2018

Hello,

I am using Digikam 5.8.0 in Windows 10. After (painfully) scanning around
100,000 pictures in a network share via wifi, I suffered a momentarily
disconnection (less than a minute), and Digikam, which was open at that
moment, deleted all albums from my collections. Now it is scanning again
from the beginning, which will take a few days.

I browsed the SQLite database file to confirm that albums were indeed empty
(although filenames appeared in the Image database).

Shouldn't be there some protection when a collection in a network share is
temporally unavailable, so it doesn't automatically remove everything from
the database? Like marking the album as "unavailable" or greyed out, but
still allowing to see the thumbnails. Of course, if a specific folder no
longer exists (but the network share is accessible) it makes sense to remove
it from the collection, but if the entire collection is not available it is
likely due to a network error, and shouldn't be emptied right away in my
opinion.

Thanks in advance.