Re-read metadata from a sidecar for mp4

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 17:58:21 GMT 2018

Actually no, I am not sure why digikam created an extra filename.xmp for a
file that had filename.ext.xmp but I cannot reproduce it now.

Anyways, looks like "Reread metadata from Image" simply trying to read
metadata embedded in the file and ignores the sidecar.

Cannot load metadata from file   (Error # 11 :
/mnt/data/FamilyPictures/2015/2015-12-25/20151225_071652.mp4: The file
contains data of an unknown image type

I think this can be improved. There should be a way to set priority between
1.database 2.embedded metadata 3.sidecar for each file type (1. jpegs, 2.
raw images, 3. video files) when user re-reading metadata. Having a
separate option "Reread metadata from sidecar" might help too.

Best regards,